welcome, Guest!   Settings   Inbox ()   Alerts ()   Log Out       Admin CP   Mod CP
welcome to midas touch !

Please register in proper capitalisation (First Last) and make sure to read all the mandatory information found in the Handbook.

鉂勶笍 November Update #2 & Viennese Christmas Event! 馃巹

It is currently December 2020.
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

une nuit parisienne, andie/xiang
Song Jaewon
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 04:32 AM
dreya
is Offline
27 posts
600 gold
song xiang
CEO & film producer

The fur on his black coat's lapels tickled around his neck but Jaewon was too focused on the phone screen to bother with that. There was a restaurant's menu on the screen, everything written in French - the menu of the restaurant they were heading to.
It occurred to him that he was sufficiently affluent to - perhaps - not make a fool of himself when ordering expensive French food at an expensive French restaurant.
Who the hell wanted waiters or the ma卯tre d' laughing at his horrid pronunciation.

With the car - a black limousine, but not the type of obnoxiously long limousine people spotted at galas or in Vegas - stopping at a red light, Jaewon held the phone out to the chaffeur.
"How do you say this?" he asked, a few lines highlighted on the screen.
If he had looked out the window, he could've spotted the Eiffel Tower in the distance.
PM
^
Song Xiang
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 04:47 AM
andie
is Offline
33 posts
2050 gold
thirty
Song Jaewon
bakery owner

Xiang would have gladly gone out in an "average" jacket and some jeans, but Jaewon would never forgive him. Or let him. So here he was, still looking fairly underdressed next to his husband who seemed like he was just waiting for the fashion cameras to go off and catch his every angle. Xiang personally just threw on a button up and some pants-that-weren't-jeans, and a jacket that looked kind of like a suit but he didn't bother to button it.

Jaewon was currently being fussy about pronunciation, from what Xiang could gather, a feat he was once again not putting nearly as much effort into. "Why can't you just point and say 'this' when we get there? It seems easier." Spare Jaewon some grief.
PM
^
Song Jaewon
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 04:59 AM
dreya
is Offline
27 posts
600 gold
song xiang
CEO & film producer

The chaffeur answered his question, Jaewon repeating the words until he got an OK sign from the driver's seat. Which, given how he prided himself on picking up languages pretty fast, happened on the first or second try.
He was going to be fine.

Green light. He settled back in his seat, Xiang wondering why he couldn't choose the commoner's path and act like a more of a tourist.
"I don't want to appear an uneducated lout," came the blunt reply, with little thought put behind the word choice and how it might've affected Xiang.
But this was nothing out of the ordinary for Jaewon and Xiang was aware of this - had been the first aware of this. Jaewon simply became a bit more open in expressing his true thoughts around other people (that weren't Xiang) as the years progressed and he didn't have to worry just as much as before about appearances.
When in an incontestable position of power, he could take more liberties, such as acting like an ass when he was surrounded by imbeciles.

"Aren't you cold?" he asked, looking at Xiang and his choice of clothes. Only throwing him a glance before they'd left their royal suite in a hurry, knowing they'd be late otherwise, Jaewon only know bothered to take in what his husband chose as an outfit for the night.
"Admittedly it won't be cold inside the restaurant but what if I want to stroll along the Seine afterwards?"
PM
^
Song Xiang
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 05:10 AM
andie
is Offline
33 posts
2050 gold
thirty
Song Jaewon
bakery owner

There was the embedded implication that Xiang would be the one appearing as the uneducated lout, but at least by now Jaewon refrained from explicitly pointing that out. It let Xiang shrug and accept the reasoning with a simple, "I doubt they'll say something like that to my face so I'm gonna point." He tried to speak French once; he knew he was shit.

The fact that the restaurant wasn't going to be cold was kind of the whole point of Xiang's ensemble, so the walk along the Seine was unexpected news. He honestly contemplated ditching the jacket too because they were short on time, but thought better of it. Apparently not enough though.

Looking down at himself, Xiang frowned. "I'm fine right now, but if we go for a stroll we might have an issue." Then turning to smile at Jaewon, "I'll just have to hold onto you for warmth." And then to emphasize, he leaned against the other and rested his head on his shoulder. "See? It'll be fine."
PM
^
Song Jaewon
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 05:22 AM
dreya
is Offline
27 posts
600 gold
song xiang
CEO & film producer

"Of course they won't say it to your face," Jaewon snorted, as if pointing out the obvious wasn't Xiang's speciality and it still surprised him whenever the other decided to show off his special skill.
"They're a Michelin star restaurant. Do you actually think they'd risk the lawsuit I'll file just to insult you to your face?"
But that didn't mean the staff wouldn't think that, naturally. Even if he was more mellow than before, some habits remained unchanged or intensified, depending on his mood.
Tonight's mood wouldn't allow him to make a fool out of himself by pronouncing French words wrong. Xiang, as if they hadn't been married for years now, was still somehow an exception, in the sense that Jaewon didn't care if his husband acted like a tourist.
There was still a clear divide in his head, even if they'd end up sharing a table and acting terribly familiar with each other. Even if they wore matching engagement rings. They were still different people.

The night stroll along Seine seemed to wake up the other, make him aware of the outfit problem. But, in usual Xiang fashion, he spilled some cheesiness from his lips, fully expecting Jaewon to shut up about it afterwards.
He did. For a bit, at least. He even sighed the same defeated sigh that always escaped when he decided not to fight a battle against Xiang.
Kissing the top of Xiang's head, Jaewon then rested his head against the other's, finding the weight on his shoulder more comfortable than he would've liked to admit.
But their silence didn't last for too long.
"I'll call my PA and tell him to bring you a real coat," he decided.
PM
^
Song Xiang
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 05:41 AM
andie
is Offline
33 posts
2050 gold
thirty
Song Jaewon
bakery owner

And in true Jaewon fashion, an insult was worthy of a lawsuit. Of what, Xiang couldn't actually fathom (displeasing Song Jaewon? Punishable by law), but he still chuckled anyways and cooed, "Aw, you'd file a lawsuit for me? I'm touched." Even if that wasn't quite the angle Jaewon was going for. Oh well.

He felt Jaewon's lips on his hair and Xiang was already smiling. If he closed his eyes then he thought he could fall asleep like this, tucked against his husband comfortably surrounded by Parisian scenery. But they had dinner to go to still, and an impromptu walk along the Seine, so he settled with just relaxing.

"I'll call my PA and tell him to bring you a real coat,"

Xiang started to move to look at the other, but that would disturb their position so he settled back to his original posture, though his expression was still vaguely pouty. "You could have just taken me up on my offer to be romantic. It'd be an excuse for me to cling to you all night." Though he supposed even if he had a real jacket he could do that anyways, without actually being cold. The need for excuses to do so, because anything but honestly wanting to was unacceptable, was something they left behind in their university years. For the most part.
PM
^
Song Jaewon
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 05:53 AM
dreya
is Offline
27 posts
600 gold
song xiang
CEO & film producer

File a lawsuit? He'd do much more than that, if given an excuse to retaliate tenfold. But instead of assuring Xiang that yes, of course he would, they were married, they'd been together for ten years now (on and off, but that was another story), why wouldn't he look after the person he went to sleep at night and woke up next to every morning?
Instead of all that, Jaewon settled for "I'm not going to let anyone drag the Song name through dirt."
Because that was true, too, although more of an excuse than the real answer in his heart.

Enough time spent with the other had Jaewon much too familiar with Xiang's antics. He could tell the other was smiling by the ease with which he had settled against Jaewon. he could tell Xiang was pouting by the tone he was using.
Jaewon brought a hand to the other's head, wanting to make sure he wouldn't move away until they'd arrive at their destination. He pressed a finger to Xiang's mouth (or, well, lower lip, more like) and asked:
"Do you still want to make it to the restaurant or do I have to change our plans to appease you?"
PM
^
Song Xiang
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 06:07 AM
andie
is Offline
33 posts
2050 gold
thirty
Song Jaewon
bakery owner

Xiang actually burst out laughing at Jaewon's insistence it was about the Song name. It was just... too Jaewon, too perfect. He'd let his husband have this instead of pointing out his doubts. "Alright, that's fair." Then he sighed. "I'm just glad I get to be part of that name." Choi haunted him for more than six years, the through university. It was still awkward to use it on his official applications and identification too. Marrying Jaewon was more than taking a new name; it let him discard his old one too.

It got easier to stop feeling disgusted with himself after that.

Jaewon's finger came to his lip, and Xiang knew that meant his husband could feel the curl of his lips. But still, he replied, "I don't know what you're talking about. We'll have to get to the restaurant so I can be appeased by delicious," what was a French food he could reasonably pronounce? The stupid sating oui oui baguette Eiffel Tower floated through his head, so Xiang settled on, "baguettes." He was putting a decent amount of effort into holding back his laughter.
PM
^
Song Jaewon
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 06:22 AM
dreya
is Offline
27 posts
600 gold
song xiang
CEO & film producer

When Xiang burst out in laughter, Jaewon caught the chauffeur's eyes in the rear view mirror and pointedly stared at him until the man turned his gaze away. Damn Xiang and his outbursts.
He found the button that raised the reinforced glass that divided the driver's part from the backseats and was pleasantly surprised to notice that it also cancelled out most sounds.
Goodie.
Xiang kept being cheesy, contentedly sighing about how happy he was to be a Song, and Jaewon tried not to roll his eyes like he was 20 again and fed up with everything.
There had to be better ways to hide the stupid little warmth in his chest at hearing those words.
"As one should be," he shortly replied, hoping that'd be the end of this discussion.

Baguettes.
He raised his eyebrows, amazed by... the idiotic choice Xiang had settled on. "Baguettes?" he repeated, unable to believe his ears yet. "Really?"
Followed by a scoff. "If you think I'm taking you to a Michelin star so you can eat bread all night, we might as well turn around and find a park instead. Hunt down some breadcrumbs no pigeons wanted to eat. Same thing, no?"
At least he was consistent at being awful.

PM
^
Song Xiang
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 07:08 AM
andie
is Offline
33 posts
2050 gold
thirty
Song Jaewon
bakery owner

Xiang let the conversation drop, and contained his response to nuzzling Jaewon contently,

He actually took Jaewon's offer seriously, legitimately, because he found that was the easiest way to deal with it rather than just get offended. It helped ease off the offense too honestly, and made it a lot more fun to handle. "That takes out the whole fun of it; the point of a baguette is that you get to rip it apart. Why would I want bread that's already torn up? Then it's just bread." He moved his hand to rest on Jaewon's leg, then added, "But don't worry, I'm not going to a 'Michelin star' to eat bread all night. I'm going to spend time with you all night."

Some people might call this the honeymoon phase, where Xiang wouldn't stop getting caught up in how in love he was, but after give or take ten plus years with Jaewon, it felt like they should have passed that already. Instead... it wasn't that he was swept up in the novelty of love. He just appreciated that he could get here at all, and he didn't think that thankfulness would ever go away.

So the cheesiness that came with being alone with Jaewon, on their weekly date, persisted no matter how much time passed.
PM
^
Song Jaewon
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 07:16 AM
dreya
is Offline
27 posts
600 gold
song xiang
CEO & film producer

He tried to ignore the endearing nuzzle, but could not to the same when a hand rested on his leg or when Xiang went on about... bread.
Typical.
Jaewon sighed. "I can tell when you're trying to rile me up, Xiang." And sometimes he went along with it only because it was comforting to do the same routine everyday.
"You spend the night with me almost all days of the week, heart," he pointed out, poking Xiang's cheek and hoping that'd make the other move his head more to Jaewon's side. It was hard to kiss in their current position.
"Not bored yet?" he teased.
PM
^
Song Xiang
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 07:35 AM
andie
is Offline
33 posts
2050 gold
thirty
Song Jaewon
bakery owner

"Me? Rile you up? Never," Xiang insisted, even thought that was kind of what he was doing. But also he just liked being upfront about his feelings, and if that "riled" Jaewon up in turn... well that was how it was.

Moving his head away from Jaewon's finger, Xiang indeed turned to look at his husband properly. "Yeah, but this is special; we're on a date." Which sounded awfully childish, but alas. "It's never boring with you," he replied, then leaned forward to capture Jaewon's lips with his.

...so maybe he had kind of provoked his husband on purpose. Sue him.
PM
^
Song Jaewon
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 07:45 AM
dreya
is Offline
27 posts
600 gold
song xiang
CEO & film producer

Denying the obvious - the skill Xiang had maxed out, if life was a video game. He'd been ridiculously good at it ever since their university years, to the point where Jaewon sometimes wondered out loud if Xiang was really stupid enough to actually believe the crap he was saying.
It depended.

Reacting exactly like he'd wished, Xiang turned to Jaewon. The angle was right, easily accessible now, but before he managed to lean in, Xiang did it instead.
Jaewon kissed back, both glad they thought of the same thing, but also a bit annoyed Xiang got there first. It wasn't a race but he was used to being the one that surprised Xiang, not the other way around.
His hand settled around the other's neck in a gentle grasp, only moving to Xiang's dark hair when Jaewon slowly let his weight shift, leaning in more and more, with a clear end goal in mind: lay Xiang down on the backseat.
PM
^
Song Xiang
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 07:55 AM
andie
is Offline
33 posts
2050 gold
thirty
Song Jaewon
bakery owner

The kissing was all fine and well, aligned with Xiang's expectations and goals for the most part. He just had to work to keep his smiling to a minimum so it wasn't as awkward a fit, but that was doable.

The hand on his neck, in his hair was nice too, but the confusion came when it felt like Jaewon was trying to topple him over--and then it hit a second later. Vaguely Xiang wanted to remind Jaewon they were in a limo, with somewhere to be as he pointed out earlier himself, but chances were Jaewon was well aware of that.

And didn't care.

So Xiang just relaxed and let his back hit the seat, eyes blinking open to look up. "We have somewhere to be after this, you know," he figured he'd toss out as a gentle reminder. Even as his arms went around Jaewon's neck, and his fingers brushed over the hair at his nape.
PM
^
Song Jaewon
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 08:09 AM
dreya
is Offline
27 posts
600 gold
song xiang
CEO & film producer

He felt the brief tensing up and half-expected Xiang to try and push him away, but perhaps years or experience reminded the other that, well... Jaewon was a bit spontaneous sometimes.
So instead of the outrage and scandalised look he'd grown accustomed to receiving 10 years ago, Xiang only broke the kiss to smile up at him, throwing out a small reminder that yes, they were indeed in a moving car and yes, they had a table booked.
Jaewon looked down at him and placed a small kiss on his lips. "I'm aware, Xiang." But when did that ever stop him?

He peppered little kisses all along Xiang's jawline, holding the other's chin and gently tilting his head when he moved down to the neck.
And then, just because he could and just because Xiang looked much too at peace with their current predicament...
He looked at Xiang, the arrogant little smile of a satisfied cat widening on his lips, and said, "Since we're in France, let's work on your language skills, why don't we, mon petit lapin?"
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll