welcome, Guest!   Settings   Inbox ()   Alerts ()   Log Out       Admin CP   Mod CP
welcome to midas touch !

Please register in proper capitalisation (First Last) and make sure to read all the mandatory information found in the Handbook.

鉂勶笍 November Update #2 & Viennese Christmas Event! 馃巹

It is currently December 2020.

Add Reply
New Poll

freeze frame, dreya/nana
Hisaya Belmont
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 09:30 AM
andie
is Offline
61 posts
3150 gold
twenty-seven
his camera
photographer + author

There were different kinds of bad moods Hisaya could be in. During work, it could be anything from frustration to stress, but right now it was a mix of concern and stress. His model wanted this job--needed it, she pleaded with him--but she also couldn't walk after throwing up what little food she could ingest.

He pacified her with the promise he'd do a photoshoot with her even if it wasn't this one, and had other plans when he walked out of the waiting room. If he halted the shoot on his terms, then everyone would be mad at him, but they wouldn't be able to replace him like they could a model. That was the last thing she wanted after all.

So it was time to be everyone's bad guy.

Relatively out of sight, Hisaya fiddled with his camera to make it unusable. A small adjustment, taking out a vital part, and slipping that into his pocket. He was heading back to tell someone who'd tell another someone when he spotted her.

He could just ignore her. Pretend he never saw and find someone else. But this was work, and Hisaya had no room to be selfish. Professional it was. "Hey," he called out, then closed the distance between them. "We won't be able to do the shoot today. Let the head makeup artist know." Maybe if he pretended not to know her, she could do the same and they could do this peacefully.

"Tell them my camera's acting up. I'll need time to get it fixed."
PMEmail
^
Nana de Zaragoza
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 09:43 AM
dreya
is Offline
33 posts
1200 gold
twenty-one
part-time student; socialite

Another gig she landed because of some phone calls and acting cute around the head makeup artist, but Nana wanted to inflate her CV as much as possible, even if at the moment it was all over the place.
Plus she wasn't terrible at makeup, so why not?

The fact that Hisaya was the photographer didn't exactly faze her. Yes, they hadn't parted on the best of terms, not after her naive ex-boyfriend saw things and drew his own conclusions without 1. not just not asking her for clarifications but also 2. completely ignoring the time they spent together and the trust they supposedly had grown during those months.
So Nana didn't feel bad for 'imposing'. In fact, she made sure she looked effortlessly great that day - loose silk shirt and fit leather-like trousers - just to rub it in his face.
All she needed was a big-ass neon sign that pointed at her and read "LOOK WHAT YOU'VE LOST, YOU SUCKER".

But their paths didn't intersect until later, when Hisaya looked at her like she was some random employee working on the shoot and just... "Hey"ed her.
And then gave her instructions. Again, like he could boss her around on that tone and expect her to be obedient about it.
Nana glowered at him, unimpressed. Her resting bitch face only made the expression worse.
"Yes, Hisaya, it's been a long time. I've missed you, too," she loudly said, hoping her sharp voice would cut through him and his current demeanour. "Fancy seeing you here and everything. Is it that hard to say those things?"
PM
^
Hisaya Belmont
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 09:56 AM
andie
is Offline
61 posts
3150 gold
twenty-seven
his camera
photographer + author

It looked like it was not in fact going to be an easy peaceful shooting. Not that it had been turning out that way in general, but it was about to get worse than he initially thought.

"Would you like my honest answer or my professional one?" he asked idly, genuinely even. If Nana wanted him to be personal, then this was going to go far more roughly than it had to. There were things he'd gotten over, things he hadn't, and he didn't quite have the time nor emotional capacity to sift through and figure out the best course of action.

Then he thought about his model, his camera, and how the sooner he let everyone know the better. "You're here to do a job, so act like it. The shoot's over for today; the sooner everyone knows the sooner they can grumble and put away what needs to be stored." Considering the most he could stall a shoot for was a day, only the important equipment would have to be taken away. Still a chore, still something people would want a headstart on.
PMEmail
^
Nana de Zaragoza
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 10:15 AM
dreya
is Offline
33 posts
1200 gold
twenty-one

Honest or professional. It felt like the word 'bitch' was looming around the corner or at least some equivalent of it and the feeling it gave off when exes threw that word around not jokingly.
She set her jaw, a little irritated by how composed, how unfazed he looked. Like he was discussing to some bratty everyday employee that didn't know any better and he was one step away from exasperation.
And then Hisaya pretty much just snapped at her - or that was how it came across to Nana. Used to the soft-spoken, considerate man, the change it attitude hit her like a slap across the face.
He wanted to do it this way? Fine. At least she'd give him a proper reason to hate her, now that everything was dead and buried.
"My job is to help with the makeup," she pointedly snapped back at him, "Not act like your mouthpiece just because you fucked up your equipment on purpose or invented another urgent meeting you have to run to."

There was a threat hanging off her tongue, just waiting to be unleashed. It wouldn't have mattered, even if it got him angry and he decided kick her off this project and shut all fashion world doors in her face.
Nana wasn't here to get paid. She had enough money to last her several lifetimes.
And Hisaya never came across as the sort to purposefully handicap a person's future. Too kind, too considerate. Too soft.
It was one of the reasons she knew they'd never last.
"So give me your personal one." Her skin was thick enough to take it.

PM
^
Hisaya Belmont
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 10:42 AM
andie
is Offline
61 posts
3150 gold
twenty-seven
his camera
photographer + author

It felt a lot like Nana throwing a fit when there was more going on than just her feelings. Honestly Hisaya didn't want to deal with it, and for all his infinite patience he found himself far less willing to tolerate her attitude than some other upstart employee.

"I'm not asking you to declare it to the whole set; tell someone who can tell someone else. I'll be doing the same thing." It was such a simple task, and if he wasn't struggling to keep his emotions in check then maybe he could have phrased it better. Start with a greeting lead into a favor, the usual routine.

It was too much to do that though, not on top of everything else.

Of course Nana would choose the option that gave him the most distress.

"It is hard. I would have said it otherwise." She didn't need to know why. He'd finished pouring his heart out to others. "It's been a long time, but we both know that. I don't have any comment on seeing you here." It would be a lie to say he missed Nana. The thought of wanting her back faded awhile ago, because he could only remember the anxiety of knowing she had his heart and not trusting her to treat it kindly.

He missed the idea of her, if anything. But even then, it wasn't like he needed someone.

"And I haven't missed you." It felt cold even on his own lips, so he added, "The professional one was kinder."

His personal one was honest.
PMEmail
^
Nana de Zaragoza
 Posted: Nov 24 2017, 02:49 AM
dreya
is Offline
33 posts
1200 gold
twenty-one

With a logical excuse to back him up and a calm(ish) attitude on display, he made it look a lot like Nana was overreacting, jumping the gun, making assumptions about everything - his intentions, his 'inner turmoil', his opinion of her.
Well, she had a pretty good idea of his current opinion, but with someone as introverted and guarded as Hisaya, always threading carefully as to not disturb, she did have a couple of doubts about the exact nuance.

He took care of that by hitting her with "I don't have any comment on seeing you here."
Nana simply looked at him, all bubbling hot temper from before going cold. With no anger to fuel her and keep her warm, she suddenly felt empty, replaying his words in her head.
What was this then? His attempt to turn what they had into a blank slate for the sake of professionalism?
After giving her his personal answer?

"I haven't missed you."
"I have." she spoke before thinking too much about her words, before letting doubt and arrogance and silence still the conversation. "Not that you'd care." Like he hadn't cared to hear her side of the story before drawing his own conclusions.
"But I shouldn't have expected you to miss me when I'm not even sure you ever loved me in the first place. Nevermind trust me."
Words meant to hurt, meant to cut deep, thrown before him without the earlier haughtiness, but in a serious voice. And while she knew they were purposefully sharp, they weren't lies.
Because every relationship faced hardships, right? And love meant working together to get past them. It wasn't smooth sailing but... Hisaya never giving her a chance to explain, believing in his wrong conclusion, ultimately finding her guilty of cheating when nothing like that had happened...
Nana would've lied if she said she hadn't wondered just how much he had cared for her in the first place. Whether it was just another elaborate facade, like the one she saw whenever he worked.
"I don't need kindness when I want the truth." Even if it would've made things easier for her.

PM
^
Hisaya Belmont
 Posted: Nov 24 2017, 07:42 AM
andie
is Offline
61 posts
3150 gold
twenty-seven
his camera
photographer + author

Of course she knew where to hurt him. That's what their fight had been about anyways鈥攖hat he didn't love her, that she didn't feel his care, that he was too distant. A bitter part of him wanted to rub in her face that if she wanted to see him cold and distant here it was. Maybe then she'd appreciate when he had (tried) to show his feelings before.

But there were more important issues at hand. And Hisaya didn't particularly want to deal with this.

"I'm not having this conversation with you here," he concluded, sighed like he was exasperated and it wasn't worth his time. It was all over once he let himself feel, because when he felt he felt too much and too deeply. He couldn't have that kind of breakdown at work.

Luckily he had months of experience feeling numb.

"Look, don't help me. Just go back to what you were doing, or go home even. The shoot's done for the day, I'm sure they'll compensate you somehow for the extra time. I'll handle it if they don't." Suddenly Hisaya was exhausted, and he wanted today to be over.

The beginning of the end was finding the head of the project and enduring what lecture would inevitably come his way. Without bothering to hear Nana's response, Hisaya turned to go meet his doom.
PMEmail
^
Nana de Zaragoza
 Posted: Nov 28 2017, 01:27 PM
dreya
is Offline
33 posts
1200 gold
twenty-one

"I'm not having this conversation with you here."
She saw red in front of her eyes. So few words managed to draw out such an intense reaction out of her - the equivalent of a kettle's lid blown off by the mass of angry bubbles and whistling steam.
But it was his exasperated sigh that forced the lid back down and turned off the fire. The sense of endless exhaustion, as if simply remembering about those days added 10 years of burden on his shoulders.
As if Nana had only been a burden and Hisaya had only just escaped from his own Sisyphus' curse.

But was that enough to freeze the blood in her veins? To convince her to leave him alone? To turn around and mind her own business, never to acknowledge him again?
Never.
"If you want to act like a fucking exasperated saint, I'll give you a fucking reason for it," she spat out, glaring at him without any inhibitions. Hisaya always threaded carefully, worried he might disturb.
Nana knew just what to do to murder his nerves.
Stomping off to follow Hisaya to wherever the hell he was going, Nana raised her voice, the first words shaky, but - upon realising how weak they sounded, how undecided - she put more anger, more spirit, more outrage in her voice.
"You're not having a conversation with me here," she mockingly mimicked him. "As if you'd ever want to have that conversation, you fucking coward. Do you know anything other than running away when things get tough? Did it ever cross you mind to -oh I don't know - actually try holding onto me, as opposed to accepting whatever stupid ideas your head came up with? Or was that just too much damn effort for a relationship you weren't even invested in?"
PM
^
Hisaya Belmont
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 07:40 AM
andie
is Offline
61 posts
3150 gold
twenty-seven
his camera
photographer + author

He tried to walk off, end this situation calmly and rationally. Salvage his mood and allow this photoshoot to end and get the stress over with.

Nana was determined not to let that happen, evidently.

His gait didn't slow. In fact, Hisaya walked more briskly, and first he was heading towards where he figured the director would be, but as his breathing began to grow heavier and he could feel his hands start to shake, he made a sharp turn. A detour. Somewhere with less people.

He didn't quite find it, but her last question got to him, Hisaya stopped dead in his tracks, then turned to face her. His mouth opened to protest, except he was standing to her right, so he stepped closer to her left.

"I did," he replied simply. Soft in volume, sharp in tone. "Try and hold onto you. A week later, when you were already gone." And here, here he had to control himself. Had to hold back the old anger, the righteous fury that crawled back into his heart at the thought that he never loved her. Never invested anything when sometimes it felt like she meant more than his life. "You're the one that accepted the stupid idea that I didn't care for you."
PMEmail
^
Nana de Zaragoza
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 08:25 PM
dreya
is Offline
33 posts
1200 gold
twenty-one

She was getting to him - it was obvious. She'd annoyed him enough times in the past, stuck around him long enough to recognise the signs, to know distress when she saw it.

Hisaya took a sharp turn - a detour? - but that did not deter Nana from following him around, already majorly pissed off. Her anger kept building onto itself, after festering inside of her for months on end.

Until an abrupt stop. Hisaya turned around and, just as she thought he'd finally reply, he stepped closer to her left side - thoughtful, but that thoughtfulness suddenly made Nana aware of her disadvantage. Hisaya did that to make sure she'd hear him. Others could've taken advantage of her disability.
Her train of thoughts kept forcing itself in the mob direction, although she knew she had to stay focused, anchored in this moment. She could muse about her shortcomings as a heir another time.

"A week later," she disdainfully snorted, placing a hand on her cocked hip. "Why then? Finally got bitten by the loneliness bug? Remembered I existed?"
Still glaring at him, coming close to a snarl, Nana took a step closer, her tone low as she said, "You're the one that barely did anything to prove that you cared!"
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll